Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rookie QB Contract Window
(12-14-2020, 04:18 PM)bengals67 Wrote:  Why does it take non-professional fans to understand the obvious?

Shouldn't this have been clear to anyone with a brain in their head the first day the Bengals knew they would get Burrow?

Why would you waste even a month of  Burrow on an unproven HC and a second rate staff- much less one or two seasons?

Why would you give Burrow the same, worst in the league offensive line without making serious investments to upgrade?

Why would you have a young and inexperienced coach running 40 plus passing plays a game with this putrid o line knowing how much this increased the chances of serious injury to Burrow?

I have been a loyal fan/son of original 6 ticket seasons ticket holder since 1967

I love the mods, the people on this board and I will read this website to make sure I contribute to future fundraisers.

But I fail to understand why people keep buying season tickets or why I should continue to invest any significant emotional energy in the ship of fools that is the Bengals management team.

A business failing like the Bengals in any other industry would go bankrupt ( which would have happened already years ago).  

Or it would try to survive by hiring a top consultant to audit every aspect of its operations with a goal of making sweeping changes to its management team and obviously failed business.

The Family will never do this.

It hasn't changed for over 30 years. And despite the unprecedented track record of  futility  its never going to change.

Carson Palmer was right.

Joe Burrow's Dad and family need to get their son out of this dumpster fire asap. That kid is way too good for the Brown clown show.

It's pretty simple, when there is a failure or when things don't go as people expect they can do 1 of 2 things:

1 ) Take a hard look in the mirror. Own it. Take accountability. Say I control this. And make changes to fix it.
2 ) Blame external factors. In this case injuries, covid, Zac starting after the SB, management, etc.

To me, Zac has shown in his past and here that he's just a terrible coach.

But, the Bengals management has a lot of group think and seems to do a lot of #2. It's easier than admitting they've failed for a large portion of 30 years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Rookie QB Contract Window - Destro - 12-14-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: The Rookie QB Contract Window - Destro - 12-14-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: The Rookie QB Contract Window - THE PISTONS - 12-14-2020, 04:56 PM