Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Anybody to re look that draft strategy
(10-25-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Instead of Oline, Oline, Oline, Oline. Perhaps we could sneak someone in that can get after the QB

I have been saying for a while now, my goal would be to sign Joe Thuney, Draft Sewell, and then go after defensive line with Rds 2 and 3.  Preferably, interior defensive line.  If a guy like Barmore is there, he is a Bengal.  

Watching Washington start to hit their stride (defense has been amazing...offense finally wasn't pathetic under Alex Smith but I believe he got injured) shows just how much the rest of the defense can improve when you have beasts on the front line. 

I like our outside guys in Hubbard, Lawson, and Kareem, but we could use a speedy OLB/DE to rush the passer as well.  My fear of drafting such a player is they would only play him on 3rd and long when almost every team is passing on first down.  This "save the pass rush until third and long" has to stop.  

There is a guy I would like to see the Bengals give a long look in Rd 3 (could possibly trade back a few and gain an additional pick?) is Chris Rumph from Duke.  He is one of the fastest and most instinctive players i have seen in a long time.  He lines up all over the place and I see him as a unique skill set that could help rush the passer.  

EDIT:  Rumph might not last until Rd 3...I just read an article where someone has him as a first rounder.  Groan.  Thought I had a hidden gem.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody to re look that draft strategy - SHRacerX - 12-15-2020, 10:37 AM