Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Between The Lines, AJ Is Done In Cincy
(12-15-2020, 01:13 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not going to look back through his career and check all the prime time games. Im sure he had some good ones and I'm sure he had some bad ones, just like the team. 

When it came to the playoffs, regardless of what Gruden may have done in that first half, he disappeared just as much as the team. In 4 playoff games he averaged 58 yards and .25 touchdowns. That's terrible. Don't try to argue he didn't have chances because he averaged 10 targets per game (12 in the one you blame Gruden for) and only caught 4.5 of them. Again, that's terrible. 

Maybe if you put him with a HOF QB for most of his career he can slip in there but for the majority of teams, AJ is just a really good WR not a HOF one. 

I really like AJ and for the beginning part of his career I thought he was HOF bound and made some excuses for him too. But ultimately some of the responsibility is on him and the best receivers don't get stopped repeatedly on the brightest stage, regardless of what's going on around them. 

Randy Moss averaged 65 yds a game in the playoffs. TO averaged 62.

Good coaches (like the ones you face in the playoffs) take away your best weapon. Bill Belichick makes it priority #1. Not arguing AJ has been great in the playoffs, but Marvin Jones doesn’t go off for a franchise record 130 yds without AJ drawing the attention he did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Read Between The Lines, AJ Is Done In Cincy - Nicomo Cosca - 12-15-2020, 11:15 PM