Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer Should Be THE Example
(12-15-2020, 02:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals’ Front Office needs to fire every coach and coordinator with extreme prejudice as soon as possible.  Every single one of these underperforming lunkheads have coached our players down, not up.

When Mike Zimmer was hired in 2008 it should have provided the template for all future hiring in Cincinnati.  Mike was all business, nobody’s  buddy, and he taught the defense physical play along with superb technique. A 2012 story from Vontaze Burfict cemented my opinion on this issue.  

During training camp in 2012, Vontaze called his mother in California to let her know how his first few weeks in the NFL were going. “Coach Zimmer!” exclaimed Vontaze. “Mama, that man scares me to death.”

Mama Burfict was wise beyond her years.  “Vontaze,” she answered.  “That’s the kind of man you want to play for.  You do everything he says and he’ll make you great.”

I saw Coach Zimmer in action at training camp many times.  He wasn’t mean but he was extremely demanding.   You see, that’s the goal: Zero error football.  Vince Lombardi once said the team which makes the least mistakes wins and right now the coaching staff in Cincinnati is letting too many things slide.  

Right now the Bengals are making too many basic fundamental mistakes on the field and I put 95% of this on abysmal coaching.  Let’s use the Zimmer template and hire no-nonsense coaches and coordinators at all positions.

When the coaching staff itself is overflowing with mistakes it's impossible for them to correct player mistakes.

They see no flaws in their schemes or actions.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Zimmer Should Be THE Example - BengalChris - 12-16-2020, 01:53 AM