Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s time we moved from Gio.
(12-13-2020, 06:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Gio, but our fans have overrated him for years. I think partially because he is so likable (Gio van, does the little things, good teammate etc). The claims that he’s a better all around RB than Mixon were/are ludicrous. We’re sorely missing both Joe’s.

Gio is a very solid RB because he is good (not great) at all the needed skills:  rushing, receiving, blitz pick up.   He is also one of the more well liked and respected guys on the team.  I know he is very good friends with Uzo, who many have written off as another cap casualty. 

Personally, I would like to see these two guys stay.  I feel like they have both gained enough experience and are solid skill set guys.   The kind of players Marv used to call "nuts and bolts" guys.  Maybe they are overpaid a bit.  Before we axe them, I would like to better understand where the cap is going to come out.  I am hearing it could be as much as 190 million, which is only slightly less than today.  

This is going to sound cheesy and I am sure to get hammered for it, but I also see these two guys (Uzo and Gio) as two guys that are never going to be the pissy, negative Nancy's that can destroy a locker room.  I want guys that have a positive attitude.  You might think this is no big deal, but on a young team (and this will be a very young team) it only takes a few assholes to turn a locker room to toxic when things aren't going well.  I am not saying that is the only reason you retain them, but factor in their aforementioned abilities and add that attitude and I am not so quick to dismiss them.  

One of the biggest issues I have with Gio (and Marv did this too!) is the damn predictable nature of how they use him.  Mixon showed he could pickup blitzers yet, one of our most important weapons comes off the field on third down for Gio.  Opposing team KNOWS it is a pass, and defends accordingly.  And Gio always stays in to pass protect, taking another weapon off the field.  

For the love of God, give Gio a SERIES every two or three possessions and stop using Mixon on first and second downs.  Just look at his face when he looks to the sidelines and has to come off the field.  It is like playing with at least one of your top two offensive weapons off the field on the most critical downs!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s time we moved from Gio. - yang - 12-22-2020, 12:19 PM
RE: It’s time we moved from Gio. - ah5 - 12-13-2020, 06:30 PM
RE: It’s time we moved from Gio. - SHRacerX - 12-16-2020, 10:41 AM
RE: It’s time we moved from Gio. - Tony - 12-13-2020, 07:18 PM
RE: It’s time we moved from Gio. - CJD - 12-16-2020, 12:25 PM
RE: It’s time we moved from Gio. - yang - 12-22-2020, 12:19 PM