Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno and Bengals to part ways after season?
(12-16-2020, 02:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, this sounds all well and good, but you have to ask yourself to very basic questions:

1.) What is his new market set at (renogitation amount)?

2.) Why would he take a lesser amount here, when he could he refuse, hit free agency, and sign a comparable deal elsewhere?

If I'm Geno Atkins I'm either having the Bengals pay my current contract or I'm getting the hell out of Dodge.  Go somewhere where you can win, and don't have to practice in the cold and rain like a High School kid.

But, if he's willing to redo his deal, and sign for like 2 years 8 million dollars then I'd keep him.  I just don't see why he'd take that here vs a contender with top notch facilites and ammentities.

What has he done since 2018 to deserve 8 million over 2 years? I would say we have DT's on our roster we paid less than a million a year and they did more than Geno the past 2 years. I loved Geno, but at least Dunlap has some swag left and proved it, Geno has proven to be a waste of space on our DL now for a very long time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno and Bengals to part ways after season? - Luvnit2 - 12-16-2020, 02:52 PM