Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno and Bengals to part ways after season?
“They have 37 players that are currently under contract [for 2021] and the totally liability there is $142 million,” Spielberger said on the Locked on Bengals podcast. “Whatever the cap is, obviously that minus this 142 number and then you obviously get to roll over or carry over unused cap space from 2020 and they have about $11 million there so they should have 50, 60, 70 million to work with potentially."

The Bengals have plenty of players that they could potentially move on from to create more cap space including Giovani Bernard, Bobby Hart, B.J. Finney and Geno Atkins.
---

I've been reading all the doom and gloom but I'm still pretty upbeat about the future. They are obviously moving on from the past culture with new younger talent to mold. We were crushed with injuries this past season and getting those players back along with another draft, free agency and resigning core talent we should quickly turn the corner.

Zac will stay and get some new coaches and advisors and I'm fine with that. He seems to have a specific goal in mind for the shape of the team. Give Burrow a good offensive line and a few more receivers and we'll be a top offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno and Bengals to part ways after season? - yang - 12-16-2020, 04:24 PM