Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno and Bengals to part ways after season?
(12-16-2020, 03:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yeah, but that argument only works against higher cost of living cities.

Here are some teams I can think of, with comparable cost of living:

Kansas City
Pittsburgh
Green Bay
Buffalo
Cleveland
Indianapolis

Here are some more, who I'm unsure of, but I know they're not the NY, LA, SF, Chi, Phi of the world:

Minnesota
Carolina
Arizona

And lastly, what about states that have no income tax (TX and Fla)?

Dallas
Houston
Miami
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay

With no income tax, I would think you could do better off in a place like Tampa or Jacksonville.  And the cost of living in Miami or Dallas, may be offset by the lack of tax.

There's plenty of places he could play, and not really have to worry too much about cost of living.  The only reason I could see him staying is if he really loves the city and the people that much.

He's not winning here.  Most of the guys he was coached by or played with, and had relationships are now gone.  And he's given the worst ammentities here of any single team in the entire NFL.  What other reason is there other than the love of the city?

Absolutely there are places a cheap, or cheaper with less tax than Cincinnati. My point was, there's lots of teams where it would cost him insanely more amounts of money in taxes etc. That is a reason he might stay over an offer say to LA or NY. I'm sure their agents all have tax people that figure out how much more they would have to have to make the same banked money. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno and Bengals to part ways after season? - Sled21 - 12-16-2020, 05:11 PM