Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno and Bengals to part ways after season?
I would have liked to see what he could do if he was healthy this year. Obviously he wasn't.

Even if he can still be productive, it makes a lot of sense to move on to save the cap money and then re-sign Lawson and WJ3. He doesn't really fit into our scheme anyway; that money is better spent on the younger, more productive players. We really should have traded Atkins and Dunlap if the coaches had the long-term plan of changing the scheme like they did. Why not get something for them instead of playing them out of position? Poor foresight once again.

I'd like to see him rebound with a team like Minnesota next year. Zimmer would know how to use him properly. They have cap issues though, so maybe he'd be looking at another team that runs a 4-3.

Sadly we could be losing AJ next year too. I hope to see him playing for a contender and be a come back player of the year nominee. I wouldn't mind re-signing him for a lower value contract a la Larry Fitzgerald, but it seemed from his last press conference that he may be thinking of doing what's best for his career (leaving). His cap money is better spent on an OG in free agency. Draft Sewell. Draft a defensive playmaker in round 2. Maybe get a WR in FA or in the middle of the draft. Personnel-wise, we can be a lot better next year, especially if the players that are injured come back strong and we invest in the offensive line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno and Bengals to part ways after season? - Bengalstripes9 - 12-17-2020, 04:13 AM