Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrows Rookie Year Compares to...<drumroll please>
I would say Burrows Rookie Year Compares to Greg Cook. Who I saw in person as Fans at Nippert Stadium used a variation of the Coca-Cola Ad, THINKS GO BETTER WITH COOK. The #2 pick was great in Bill Bergey who was Butkus like, and this #2 of Higgins is great who will help team with Boyd after Green leaves. Now Cook was amazing, I'm not sure Burrow was that good, but I'll just say they were both great, but both got High Lowed by 2 Pass Rushers as Both were Injured.

Now I hope unlike Cook, Burrow returns. I also hope Bengals put together a real Offensive Line. We haven't had one since 2016. 4 Years of watching QBs and RBs get their butts handed to them by defenses due to no blocking. 4 years of watching Free Agents and Top Draft Picks of Mike & Tobin at O Line be injured most of the time, and when they do play, they play lousy. Ogbuehi, Fisher-Price, Jonah, Cordy Glenn, the spare tire Andre Smith put on most of last 4 years in desperate times, and a who's who of low budget sad sacks that can't block.

So the return of Burrow MUST center around getting Blocking for him, or else his career will be Too Much Like Greg Cook. Now some on here agree to Blocking and then turn around and post drafting Pass Rushers, Linebackers, Defensive Backs and QBs, WR, TE, RBs that they like. So they think O Line can be addressed another year. This O Line is Awful and needs new Blockers across the Line NOW. If the Bengals do not get new blockers, I hope Burrow and Mixon demand to be traded. Nobody should have to play behind the Mike Brown WALMART discount O-LINE.

Burrow compares to Greg Cook, which is not a good thing. I think we all want Burrow to have a longer career than just rookie year. I'm very serious when I say if they bring back same awful blockers, I hope Burrow and Mixon refuse to play another game here.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrows Rookie Year Compares to...<drumroll please> - kevin - 12-18-2020, 02:51 PM