Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days.
(12-18-2020, 06:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not sure I buy into that thought. If he was 1-6 in the postseason, I might give more credence to it, but 0-7 in the postseason combined with his prime time game record? There was a failing in Marvin/his coaching that hit a real hard threshold of how successful he was able to be. 7 tries and you should almost be able to stumble into 1 at least.

53 coaches have been to at least 7 playoff games and ONLY Marvin out of those 53 has less than 2 wins.... heck, 51 of those 53 have at least 3 wins.

97 coaches have been to at least 4 playoff games and only Marvin and Jim Mora don't have at least 1 win.

0-3 in the postseason might be bad luck... but 0-7? There were 5 different QB, so 1 or 2 QBs can't be the scapegoat. There's simply something more failing there at that point.

2015 might have been the closest they came to winning a postseason game under Marvin, but 2013 still stands out most to me as a game where they simply were the overwhelmingly better team from a pure talent standpoint and still got beat. I'm not saying Mike Brown has done a good job running this team, but there were a couple years where they had all the talent they could have possibly needed and they still flopped under Marvin.

My money would have been a SB win in '05 if Carson didn't go down.  Looking at the path through the playoffs that year and that Seahawks team in the final game, I think they would have gone all the way.  I'm a little less confident in the 2015 team in all honesty.  

But I agree at the end of the day, Lewis couldn't get his team to overcome.  Not consistently, and not when it mattered.  And there were some really embarrassing playoff losses, too.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days. - MileHighGrowler - 12-18-2020, 07:40 PM