Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days.
(12-18-2020, 07:40 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: My money would have been a SB win in '05 if Carson didn't go down.  Looking at the path through the playoffs that year and that Seahawks team in the final game, I think they would have gone all the way.  I'm a little less confident in the 2015 team in all honesty.  

But I agree at the end of the day, Lewis couldn't get his team to overcome.  Not consistently, and not when it mattered.  And there were some really embarrassing playoff losses, too.  

I'd take that bet for 1 simple reason.

People remember Carson going down after completing his only attempt of the game to Chris Henry, but what people don't remember through all the pain of that moment is that the Bengals actually went into halftime with the lead despite Kitna being at QB... 17-14. The Carson drive ended in a FG, so Kitna actually led them on 2 TD drives of his own in the first half.

Kitna in the 1st half... 14-19, 109 yards, 1 TD/0 INT (3 rushes for 21 yards).

Then "journalistic jargon" kicked in at halftime and the Bengals got outscored 17-0 in the second half. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days. - TheLeonardLeap - 12-18-2020, 07:55 PM