Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Snap Count Stats from Dallas Game
(12-19-2020, 03:10 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There was an executive, from a few seasons ago, who stated that pretty much every team views the draft as the same. If you get two starters out of a draft it's considered a good draft. Three starters in an amazing draft. Four or more starters in unbelievable draft. 

Now that's a normal view for 31 other teams. Unfortunately for the Bengals, we pretty much need 4 starters out of every draft, since we basically ignore free agency, this most recent offseason is still an anomaly. I remember fans thinking, and the media started mentioning it, that Cody Core could be a surprise rookie starter for us.

And I agree with that in a general sense, I just didn't know if you should consider it slightly different if you have the 1st overall pick since it's not like a mid-1st where you may or may not get someone good. No matter how deep a draft is in 1st round talent (sometimes there's less 1st round talent than 1st round picks) you're guaranteed the best automatically.

I honestly hadn't even thought as far as factoring in neglecting FA into how well you have to do in your drafts, but you're probably right.

Cody Core... another in a long long list of late round/undrafted Bengals WRs who were going to be something great. Lol.. I had actually forgot about him entirely. He, Cobi Hamilton, James Wright, Damion Willis, Josh Malone, Ryan Whalen, Dezmon Briscoe, etc... they all kind of blur together into a vague mass of forgotten misplaced and unwarranted hype.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Snap Count Stats from Dallas Game - TheLeonardLeap - 12-19-2020, 03:30 AM