Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days.
(12-19-2020, 10:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good ol Fred.  Can always be counted on for a good cherry pick.  Look at the roster he had from 2004-2010.  Even the 2011 roster isn't as bad as what you think.  The talking heads in the league thought that without Palmer they would be sunk.  Instead, that roster was the start of 5 straight playoff appearances.  They had some really good offensive lines and defensive squads then.  Far better than today.  

One other point I want to make on the oline is I read people say every year: Fix the line in the offseason. Then the Bengals make moves, and it's still bad. Sometimes worse.

Well, these coaches like Hart, MJ and some of the guys that fans dont.

Also, the Bengals make moves...it just doesnt improve it.

A guy like Sewell is a great developmental prospect, mainly because of his physical attributes...but he's 20. Didnt play college this year. Is really raw. He's not going to come in and be some Top 5 Tackle. And that's IF these coaches want to draft him. They could decide they're happy with Hart who's what 23 or 24?

I mention this to show how coaching influences personnel.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days. - THE PISTONS - 12-19-2020, 10:56 AM