Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days.
(12-19-2020, 10:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: One other point I want to make on the oline is I read people say every year: Fix the line in the offseason. Then the Bengals make moves, and it's still bad. Sometimes worse.

Well, these coaches like Hart, MJ and some of the guys that fans dont.

Also, the Bengals make moves...it just doesnt improve it.

A guy like Sewell is a great developmental prospect, mainly because of his physical attributes...but he's 20. Didnt play college this year. Is really raw. He's not going to come in and be some Top 5 Tackle. And that's IF these coaches want to draft him. They could decide they're happy with Hart who's what 23 or 24?

I mention this to show how coaching influences personnel.

Calling Sewell developmental is a bit of a stretch, but I see what you are trying to say.  The guy is amazingly quick and strong as an ox.  Has given up 1 sack in his career.  Those tools you simply can't teach.  Hart is 26 now, I believe, but after 5 years in the league, the question has to become:  Don't we know what he is by now?  They made him serviceable.  Great.  Now we need above average to dominant.  I also am a big believer that even if you put Munoz and Joe Staley (assuming one went to RT) out there, with such a weak guard group, it wouldn't matter.  See my latest mock (4.0).

I could see them saying they like Adeniji and rolling with him at RT, but I want a better coach/instructor working with him.  I don't have the numbers to back this up, but he seems to have declined each game he has played.  That isn't a good sign. 

This problem all started when they lost Boling to blood clots and they forced MJ out there too early.  If they aren't going to pony up the money for Thuney, they better invest in better players inside or it will only be a matter of time until Burrow gets hurt again.  While I am at it, they also need a WR that isn't a clone of what they have but a guy that commands a cushion and gets open quickly.  That will help Burrow have the option of getting the ball off quickly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There will unbelievable days ahead and I'll remember these days. - SHRacerX - 12-19-2020, 11:58 AM