Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job
(12-20-2020, 03:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zac Taylor was a hot prospect when we hired him.  He was as close to an OC as the LA Rams had and got Goff to perform at an elite level.

How was he "close to an OC"?  He was a QB coach, Sean McVay was the OC.   (I'm not asking this to be a dick, I've just never read anywhere that he was anywhere close to an OC.)

Fwiw, Goff was already performing at a similar level prior to Zac Taylor.  He had a 100.5 rating his 2nd year before Zac became QB coach.  He had a  101.1 rating the year Zac was his QB coach. Those are almost identical numbers

If you look closely at the stats, you'll see an increase in yardage and TD's as a result of a McVay offense that passed more (65 more attempts in 2018 than 2017).  His TD % was higher without Zac than it was with him.  His Int % was lower without Zac than it was with him.  The YPA (Yards Per Attempt) is exactly equal at 8.5. The YPC (Yards Per Completion) is exactly equal at 12.9

I don't really see that much improvement there.  And even if there is a minimal amount, you have to consider development from a 2nd year player to a 3rd year player, and a McVay offense.

Agree to disagree, but Zac Taylor gets way to much credit for Goff.   There's no huge leap there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job - Wes Mantooth - 12-20-2020, 04:01 PM