Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Zac Taylor stays confident in Bengals despite two wins, an injured franchise QB..
(12-21-2020, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I saw this article earlier today, and it made me wonder...Is Taylor's optimism a positive or negative?

How it's a positive:
- It can motivate the team to believe they are just a play or two away from winning. This could push them to play hard(er).
- It could instill a sense of confidence and trust in the players and coaches they have, which could result in those guys having a sense of loyalty.
- It can help sell new players to come to the team.

How it's a negative:
- Some players/fans may not buy into the optimism if things continue to be bad like they have been, causing frustration and thinking Taylor is in denial.
- Could keep the team from making more drastic moves that may be needed to really go to the next level because they think they can win with the group they have.

Personally, I'm not an overly optimistic person, so I view Taylor's eternal optimism as exhausting and played out after nearly 30 games played with only 4.5 wins.

id rather he be realistic...  And work with what he has and not what he fancys in his head.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Zac Taylor stays confident in Bengals despite two wins, an injured franchise QB.. - XenoMorph - 12-21-2020, 04:31 PM