Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
(12-21-2020, 06:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: The last starting caliber WR's the Bengals have gotten in the mid rounds were Sanu and Jones back in 2012.  They've drafted mid round DL starters in Billings, Lawson, and Hubbard all more recently than that. 

True, I don't know why I spaced on Lawson and Hubbard. Hubbard is solid, but he isn't an elite pass rusher. Lawson is definitely solid and disruptive, and was only a 4th round pick. He did fall for a reason though, and he ended up missing significant time in his short career so far. 

I'd still feel much more comfortable investing high picks in the defensive line, as so many teams have had success doing so.

Most of our success at receiver is in the 2nd round over the years. Again, I just feel better about using 2nd round picks or later at this position group because of the type of Quarterback we have--and because the strategy of using high picks on the offensive and defensive lines is just superior. Case in point is how we have had talented skill positions over the last several years, yet we still can't win a damn game because we're terrible up front. Also, look at the Steelers draft strategy, the 9ers draft strategy, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3? - Bengalstripes9 - 12-21-2020, 07:01 PM