Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why's The Stock Market Dipping Today?
(12-21-2020, 09:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sometimes a market can go bullish like it has or it can go bearish for a few days, months or even years. I noticed you said something about your brother taking care of it. Is he a financial advisor or an accountant? Actually, don't even answer that because it's none of my business nor anyone else. My point I was going to, was that sometimes it's not a good idea to let family members handle your money. Specially money your going to rely on in the future. That does not stand true in some cases, but you hear so many horror stories which may not be your case. Your in a unique situation and I'm sure your family has your best interest at heart.

I hope you do well Brad and I'm sure you will. The market works great over time. Don;t let yourself get caught up in it too much and I suggest only checking it once a week. At least that way, you get peace and also have some control over drastic changes. GLB!

He's a financial advisor.  He was a CPA at my old man's firm but they pissed him off so he split and went into financial planning (went back to school to take the classes and everything).

I know what you mean about it not being a good idea for a family member to invest my money, but my brother's great at what he does and he doesn't even take a cut because (a) he feels like what happened to me is his fault (even though I've never blamed him and never will) and (b) it would be a conflict in interest.  

Him feeling guilty is also why he goes the extra thousand miles to make sure that I'm taken care of.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why's The Stock Market Dipping Today? - BFritz21 - 12-22-2020, 01:38 AM