Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fifty Years of Tax Cuts for Rich Didn’t Trickle Down, Study Says
(12-22-2020, 12:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wait, I seem to remember Obama having a Dem controlled Congress his first two years.  Do you remember the big middle class tax cut we got then?  I sure as shit don't.

Open your eyes to the fact that both parties have no interest in actually helping those people and you'll being to comprehend the current situation.

Well, this is because the Democratic party has been pushing for and implementing neoliberal policies which are free-market focused and more in line with the fiscal and monetary policies of conservatives than progressives. Since FDR, the Democratic party has moved steadily right on economic policies in this way. Moving away from protectionist policies and more towards free trade.

This is all why you see such a progressive movement going on. We see a large swath of disaffected voters on both sides that have this frustration due in large part to both parties abandoning the policies that really created the hey-day we saw in the middle of the 20th century. I know this isn't news to many people on here, but it not only caused the present progressive movement, but also the rise of Trump. There is a reason that he was able to gain a following with such a populist message. The issue is that many people believed he was sincere in that message when he was anything but. They also believe a lot of other things that have no real fact behind them.

Anyway, arm the proletariat and eat the rich.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fifty Years of Tax Cuts for Rich Didn’t Trickle Down, Study Says - Belsnickel - 12-22-2020, 09:20 AM