Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you feel after this win?
(12-22-2020, 02:08 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Like what's the point to little to late..I want sewell so that means losing than by all means lose out to ensure that..

It was fun.  It was really fun.  I absolutely loved Vonn Bell blowing up JJSS.  Some people will have a new video to show for years:)  I was very happy for the defense and the way they fought.  

Guys like Hubbard and Lawson lived in the backfield and they didn't come off the field hardly at all.  They played like it was their last game ever.  Loved that.

Gio had a huge night.  Slipped through a lot of tackles and had two TDs.  Good for him.  Huge night.

The offensive line did a pretty good job holding up against the strength of their team.  And their front four was not injured.  No excuses.  They played really well.  I couldn't help but think "what if they had been that dedicated to the run...the strength of this offensive line...from Week 1?".  Forget it...this is the positive part of this thread.

So, after all those positives, how do I feel about the team moving forward?  Pretty much the same.   CB is a strength of this team, but only when Phillips, Alexander, and WJIII are all healthy.  Maybe Waynes could do as well as Phillips has.  Maybe a little better.  I don't know.  The middle of the defensive line is still porous and gets little to no push.  

The offensive line still struggles in pass blocking.  We don't have many weapons on offense, and none that really scare the crap out of anyone.  

As far as the biggest issue aside from the personnel issues I mentioned, I don't think we should be enamored with our defensive coaches for holding down pitt.  They are struggling big-time.  They have been awful of late, and we just kept them on that awful trajectory.  Piggy had one good throw tonight.  One.  Despite ESPN's constant ball sack massage, the guy looked awful....which, of course, I loved.  I give our defense for playing with passion and fire the entire night, but I still thing a Cleveland or Baltimore still hangs a 30 burger on them.

So, in summary.  It wasn't exactly fools gold, but it was sure fun to see a team with some fight for a change.  I think they will come back to earth and lose to Houston on the road, and I am fine with that.  

And, as much as it pains me to do so...a tip of the hat to Mr. Ryan Finley.  I still don't think of you as much of a good QB, but you really played with heart tonight and took a pounding.  Lots of ice and advil today, my friend.  I hope that helps you get a job next year.  Good for you. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you feel after this win? - SHRacerX - 12-22-2020, 09:26 AM
RE: How do you feel after this win? - yang - 12-22-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: How do you feel after this win? - J24 - 12-22-2020, 02:38 AM
How do you feel after this win? - ah5 - 12-22-2020, 03:09 AM
RE: How do you feel after this win? - ah5 - 12-22-2020, 03:14 AM
RE: How do you feel after this win? - Tony - 12-22-2020, 05:40 AM
RE: How do you feel after this win? - Tony - 12-22-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: How do you feel after this win? - CJD - 12-22-2020, 01:51 PM