Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we please get a coach like this...
(12-09-2020, 08:06 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: We actually had a coach like that a few years ago.  Remember when Marvin first came to the Bengals, the very first thing they did was sign Carson before the draft was even held.  Correct me if I am wrong, but the NFL wanted them to wait, so it would make great TV and 'ol Marv said NO, that he wanted it to seem like the Bengals knew what there were doing.   I also remember when early in Marvin's coaching career, Chris Henry committed a personal foul that hurt a drive and Marvin grabbed him by the face mask and ripped him a new one.  I remember thinking that we finally had a coach that wasn't putting up with any b.s.!  Not sure what happened but by the end Marvin had become Bengalized....you know that look that Shula, and Coslet, and now Zac has during every game.  So yea, i agree, the Squeelers make me puke, but I sure wish our team played as hard and were coached as good as they are.

I agree --Marvin was different the first few years on the job. I remember we tagged Takeo Spike. Marvin met with him and once Takeo said he did not want to stay Marvin lifted the tag and said he only wanted players who wanted to be here. Was a real culture shift after guys like Pickens and Dillon stayed for the money but quit on the team in the end. Marvin seemed to soften over time though
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we please get a coach like this... - CanadianBengal - 12-22-2020, 09:27 PM