Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawson was a Monster...Hubbard too
(12-24-2020, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he has shown production when healthy.  Since the start of the 2019 season he has played less than 1100 snaps yet he is 6th in the league in QB hits.  I know it would be better if he had more sack, but pressuring and hitting the QB has a profound effect on the passing game even if there are not a ton of sacks.

My concern about locking Lawson up long term for big money is his history of injuries.  He only played 19 games the previous two seasons.  And he missed a full season and half of another in college due to various injuries.

The health is a concern.

Compile all the QB hits you want, those are good but they're not drive killers like sacks are. You have to finish plays eventually and he only has 11.5 sacks over the last 3 years combined. A QB Pressure only increases the likelihood of a drive ending in a punt by ~5.7% compared to a drive with no pressure, while a Sack increases that likelihood by ~18.2% compared to no sack.   (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/exactly-how-much-does-a-great-pass-rush-hurt-an-offense/)

This year was also his first (and second) FF of his 4 year career. So overall lacking in the big plays.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawson was a Monster...Hubbard too - TheLeonardLeap - 12-24-2020, 03:29 PM