Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Seems like after the Elise Jesse expose came out, the defense has played better
(12-26-2020, 01:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is surprisingly accurate.  Not your post, but that the defense improved after the article.  Some of it could be attributed to level of competition, but what could have become a toxic cesspool has actually become a pretty solid unit.  

I give credit to Taylor as he eluded that there was a discussion between him and Anarumo about a certain standard for communication that he wants to have upheld.  At the same time, it is a little disturbing that ZT had to have an article go out publicly to know that was happening on the defensive side of the ball.  I think he may spend too much time trying to get the offense going instead of just being the head coach.  Regardless, we will see if it continues against Houston and Baltimore.  I think Phillips is injured again and he was the star in the last raven game.  If there can be a star when you lose by 20+ points.

Yeah. And I've seen other things happen like this too. Like Taylor took a question on 'Why wasn't Mixon on the IR-R?' and Taylor gave kind of a terse answer like it wasn't what's best for the team, then they IR'd him shortly after. Almost like they have no clue what they can and should do...until it gets suggested externally.

And this is the knock on the staff. They're so inexperienced. They literally don't know the standard for communicating with the entire team. Taylor is at blame. The coaches are too. But, man this all points to management too.

And great point about being a HC instead of an offensive mastermind. What works for McVay likely won't work for Taylor. McVay is just intuitive with playcalling. Taylor should be the HC and let the coordinators run the offense and defense.

It's like in business, when a manager gets promoted to a higher level, they have a tendency to want to do the same job that they did at the lower level. Maybe that was a technical job. But, when you get put in charge of people, you have to let them do their jobs. If you do it for them, then you're probably missing strategic opportunities, and it won't scale well and ultimately fail. And you get paid a lot generally for doing strategic things, not day to day mundane tasks.

But, Bengals management should have been smart of enough to see what was going on and pull Taylor out of this rut.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seems like after the Elise Jesse expose came out, the defense has played better - THE PISTONS - 12-26-2020, 02:44 PM