Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Seems like after the Elise Jesse expose came out, the defense has played better
(12-26-2020, 01:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is surprisingly accurate.  Not your post, but that the defense improved after the article.  Some of it could be attributed to level of competition, but what could have become a toxic cesspool has actually become a pretty solid unit.  

I give credit to Taylor as he eluded that there was a discussion between him and Anarumo about a certain standard for communication that he wants to have upheld.  At the same time, it is a little disturbing that ZT had to have an article go out publicly to know that was happening on the defensive side of the ball.  I think he may spend too much time trying to get the offense going instead of just being the head coach.  Regardless, we will see if it continues against Houston and Baltimore.  I think Phillips is injured again and he was the star in the last raven game.  If there can be a star when you lose by 20+ points.

Another point I want to make is that when people were screaming about coaching being poor...and there being more talent here than the record...THIS kind of stuff proves it.

Last year, we had a historically poor rushing offense, then at the bye...with the SAME personnel...we suddenly changed the blocking scheme and went on a tear running the ball. Then, this year...can't run again. When we couldn't run, the narrative was the offensive line was terrible and no one could succeed with them. But, with the SAME PERSONNEL last year...we could run! So it shows that coaching mattered.

This year, the defense was pretty bad early in the year, and now...with largely the same personnel...it's playing very respectable.

These are good things on the coaches, but also major indictments of lack of coaching for 1.5 years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seems like after the Elise Jesse expose came out, the defense has played better - THE PISTONS - 12-26-2020, 02:52 PM