Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Electronics Majors At A College Build Me A Lightwriter?
(12-30-2020, 04:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Wanting your speech to happen as you type is understandable.  I can see where it would be annoying to have to wait to hit enter to say what you want.  I can only imagine the frustration trying to have a conversation and the people I'm talking to having to wait for me to type out a response and then press a key to actually say what I want. 

Anyway, glad to share what I learned about assisted speech technology even if it isn't what works for you.  I actually learned a lot about a topic I never thought about.  I hope you find a a good solution.  

In terms of my speech happening as I type it, I type near as fast as people talk, like I said, but even that isn't fast enough to get all my thoughts out because my brain goes a million miles a second and I have so much to say, so sometimes I get frustrated and just try to yell it all out.

The weird thing about that is, when I don't think about what I'm going to say and just yell it out or even talk normal, it comes out clear as day sometimes and you wouldn't even know that I need a communication device.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Electronics Majors At A College Build Me A Lightwriter? - BFritz21 - 12-30-2020, 04:56 PM