Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Darius Phillips as a starter.
Love Phillips for depth or even rotation to keep CB's fresh perhaps, but no way I'd put him in over WJAX. CB is a tough position, as they all get burned sometimes. Throw in the fact that WJAX has had so many different coaches since he's been here. I'm not saying he's Revis or anything like that, so please don't misunderstand, but I just think his abilities are head and shoulders above Phillips. Phillips is a pro, and just like any pro he knows how to play the game. And at times, he flashes! But other times he has been made to look silly just like any other CB.

What others have mentioned, though, is the obvious dilemma. Is WJAX better in proportion to overall money spent than Phillips? I could be swayed with that argument. But really, I'd prefer to see WJAX and Trae on the boundaries with Alexander in the slot, the way this year was supposed to go. I'd also like the safeties to give WJAX or any of our other corners help over the top. I think that seems to have gotten better as the season has gone on, but in the beginning of the season there seemed to be a lot of facepalming coming from WJAX when he released and there was no one over the top.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Darius Phillips as a starter. - samhain - 12-29-2020, 11:04 PM
RE: Darius Phillips as a starter. - J24 - 12-30-2020, 01:40 AM
RE: Darius Phillips as a starter. - Tony - 12-30-2020, 04:33 PM
RE: Darius Phillips as a starter. - Tony - 12-30-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: Darius Phillips as a starter. - Tony - 12-30-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: Darius Phillips as a starter. - wildcatnku24 - 12-30-2020, 05:49 PM
RE: Darius Phillips as a starter. - Synric - 12-31-2020, 12:45 PM