Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Has Extremely High Confidence in His Coaches
(12-31-2020, 11:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just like the tired old argument about real fans attend the games to support the team (if they are local).  I never told people how they can spend their money, and although I attended all the games for the better part of 20 years, I now watch from home.  It was more the health of my dad than anything else, but I sure don't miss being in the stands compared to sitting in front of a 65" TV with a fire in the fireplace and a bourbon in my hand.

Not watching is completely in your rights. I didn't realize that you did that before and still logged in to discuss.  How much do games cost if you live out of town?  I'm just curious.  Look, I get it, but it seems like every year there is a list of people that aren't coming back if the Bengals don't fire someone or replace a player, etc.  I would think the mere presence of Joe Burrow would make anyone want to come back, but like I said, that is your choice 100%.  

When I said I won't watch, I don't mean forever. I mean until they consistently win, as I am not entertained watching a bottom feeder team.

To answer your question, I really have just 4 options to pay for games:
1) NFL Sunday Ticket, which I won't do because AT&T is trash
2) NFL GamePass, which I did this year. It's $100 for the season, but I have to wait until the game is over to watch it. I watched until Burrow went down.
3) Go to a restaurant/bar that has NFL Sunday Ticket. When I do that, I'm paying ~$50 for food, drinks, and tip for me and my wife every time. If I'm not hopeful the Bengals will compete for the playoffs, I don't want to spend that amount of money just to watch them.
4) NFL RedZone for $11/month. I tried RedZone back in 2019 but didn't like it. They change to other games too frequently in the middle of drives. Also, depending on how often the Bengals actually get into the red zone, I may not really even get to see them.

As for Joe Burrow, he was main reason I even bothered with GamePass this year. But even with him, the team only got 2.5 wins. That's why even with his return, I'm not confident in this team competing for playoffs unless they bring in a great crop of players in FA and draft. They simply need too many better players to be good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Has Extremely High Confidence in His Coaches - ochocincos - 12-31-2020, 12:06 PM