Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Has Extremely High Confidence in His Coaches
(12-31-2020, 06:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jonah has been meh. Maybe he'll improve. He's basically Bobby Hart with the run blocking and pass blocking switched.

Pratt grades out terrible aside from a game or two late in the year.

Higgins - Agreed. Good to great pick.

Wilson - Barely sees the field with poor starters in front of him. Has some potential. I don't know why he doesn't play more.

ADG - Grades out terrible. Nothing special yet.

Adeniji - Can't beat out Fred Johnson. Got yanked after 10 snaps in a game and hasn't seen the field again.

I think on a good team like the Steelers or Ravens, Jonah and Higgins are the only guys on that list that see the field. The rest are backups and deep bench guys if they even make the team.

Young guys may develop, but there's 1-2 quality starters on that list at this point. The rest are bench guys that really need work to develop. And they may develop. But, they aren't good now.

You do realize that Bates was picked under Marvin. As was WJ3. Lawson.

And it's hard to know how much say the coaches have in these picks.

I disagree about a couple.

Jonah Williams - Was the Bengals' best pass protector. I think people are being overly critical of him because they expect/want him to be a Top 15 guy right out of the gate.

Germaine Pratt - He's greatly improved his pass coverage the past 1-2 months. He's just really, really bad defending the run. The Bengals don't really have a LB who is good against the run.

I would say out of the 17 draft picks Zac Taylor's crew have been involved with, they've "nailed" 3 of them so far - Jonah, Burrow, and Higgins.
Wilson and Pratt have shown improvement this season, but I don't think either are starter-worthy yet in an ideal situation.
Adeniji looks ok for a backup but I would not want him to start.
Sample is a good blocker, but more to be desired as a pass catcher.
Jordan and Finley have probably the most glaring "bad" picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Has Extremely High Confidence in His Coaches - ochocincos - 12-31-2020, 06:39 PM