Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-01-2021, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m telling you, I truly think this is one of the only times I’m giving the FO the benefit of the doubt.

Turner is entering his second season as the Bengals offensive line coach. He admits that the team has looked at available free agents, but it's mostly due diligence.

"Have I looked at players? Yes. Would I name them right now? No," Turner said on the Bengals Booth Podcast. "Part of our job is to keep those guys on the back burner and to have somebody in your mind that's ready for you to sign."

"When we went into free agency, I'm thinking with Freddy (Fred Johnson) there, you don't feel like you need anything that way. With Hakeem [Adeniji] as the draft pick, I'm really not worried about that. And then when you got Xavier [Su'a-Filo] inside right now with Billy [Price] inside and of course Alex Redmond and Mike Jordan, I just feel really good about where we're at."

"I really feel good that we have some players that can step forward if need be," Turner said. "I don't know if we need to go into free agency, but, again, like I said, you're always prepared for that."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-jim-turner-free-agent-offensive-linemen

To me that sounds like team was at least willing to let them bring in some guys, but the bullshit artists that they are (Taylor & Turner) convinced them they could roll with what they had.

Good share, that explains much.  I can't say that I remember reading that, back when it was current.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2021, 12:42 PM