Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turner is out, who is available?
(01-02-2021, 06:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Jeff quinn from ND.

He's got aexperience as a hc, oc and line coach. Like any coach, he's had some mixed results, but I think the biggest thing is the guys best skill is supposed to be as a motivator. Players like him, other coaches like him. And he's got a lot of coaching connections which wouldn't hurt with our scouting.

Outside of that, I'd see if anyone shakes loose with the firings over the next few weeks. We might get lucky, especially if a coach thinks he's going to have jonah and sewell to form something around.

I was just thinking about this a couple days ago and looked up ND’s coaches. I read Quinn is a better recruiter than coach, which works fine in college, but not in pros. I also read he’s only been the coach a couple of years and ND has been putting out great linemen longer than that. So, I looked up his predecessor and he is available. His name is Harry Hiestand. He’s been a line coach for a long, long time with very good success at some places, not so great at other stops. I think the staff could use somebody with a lot of experience, so Hiestand is probably top of my list.

Marco Colombo is another guy I like. Zac could use an ass kicking.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turner is out, who is available? - Yojimbo - 01-02-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: Turner is out, who is available? - J24 - 01-03-2021, 02:52 PM