Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'd Have to be Insane to Join Zac Taylor's Staff
So it looks like we're going to be filling a number of coaching positions. And let's assume for this thread that Zac Taylor is coming back.

Who the hell would take a job on this staff, knowing there is very good possibility Taylor doesn't last more than another year? Why would anyone, that has any other options, take a job here?

If Zac Taylor gets shit-canned then that means a new coach, with a whole new group of assistants potentially coming in.

I'm sorry, but if we keep this guy we're almost guaranteeing that we're going to be filling these spots with coaches that have no other comparable options. They'll either be out of work, or they'll be taking on a role here that they couldn't get anywhere else.

Fwiw, I saw in another thread that somewhat posted a link about how we're approachining candidates. It looks like we offering shorter contracts. This tells me the Bengals know that there is a possibility that Zac may not last and they don't want to be on the hook paying assistants if they choose to clean house.

So, again, who the hells takes these jobs? Joining a potential lame duck coach.... Joining a team that is more likely to hurt your resume than help it.... Joining a team that asks their coaches to also handle scouting. ... Joining a team that is rumored to be offering short deals.... Joining a team that isn't known to pay a ton of money to their position coaches.

We're going to be left with the left-overs and under-experienced. Why not just clean house rather than try to piece together a staff with this loser of a head coach?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
You'd Have to be Insane to Join Zac Taylor's Staff - Wes Mantooth - 01-03-2021, 07:48 PM