Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'd Have to be Insane to Join Zac Taylor's Staff
(01-03-2021, 11:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Someone with ambition and confidence in their abilities.

I know everyone here is cynical and pessimistic (and not without reason if you're a long term fan) but coaches tend to be optimistic and back their abilities.

There are far worse landing spots than Cincy if you are an aspiring O-line coach. You already have one first rounder to work with in Jonah Williams, someone whose appetite for learning means he keeps spreadsheets about each pass-rusher he faces. You're then going to get a high draft pick (quite possibly Penei Sewell) and a top free agent like Scherff or Thuney and they'll be playing in front of a QB (and RBs) who can make them look good.

If you make the Bengals' O-line even mediocre you'll have enhanced your reputation. And most O-line coaches would back themselves to do so given the tools.

In contrast Defensive Co-ordinator looks less appealing. The Bengals are set to lose their best corner and best pass-rusher. Off-season acquisition (draft/free agency) looks to prioritize the O-line, meaning D is set to be neglected in the draft once more.

I can't help but think yesterday's game COULD have been a boost to this franchise in terms of looking at potential of the team from the outside looking in.  Not to win, necessarily, but have a competitive game where you showed creativity on offense and toughness on defense.  Instead, you look like the worst team in football.  Anyone else think the Jets or Jags would have pounded the Bengals yesterday?  

It was VERY disappointing.  And I am sure that the position coaches rumored to be fired were less than enthusiastic but the coordinators like Callahan and Anarumo looked like amateurs out there.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You'd Have to be Insane to Join Zac Taylor's Staff - SHRacerX - 01-04-2021, 10:56 AM