Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team
(01-04-2021, 10:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's such a shame that he got injured 3 plays into the final game and was unable to break Collinsworth's rookie receptions record, especially since he did break it in the play he was injured, if not for an inconsequential OPI call that didn't impact the play at all (If I recall correctly).

But he's going to be a star for this offense when we have Burrow. I know Chase is on everyone's want list (he's on mine too), but with Boyd and Higgins, adding Chase may make the WR corp a bit top heavy, especially once Higgins' contract comes due with Chase in his 3rd year (and the question of picking up his 5th year option would begin to surface). It'd be a nice problem to have, of course. 

I'm looking forward to see how we progress this off season.

I wouldn't worry too much about Chase (or any other receiver) infringing on Higgins and Boyd.
All of Higgins, Boyd, and Green got 100+ targets, so there will be plenty to give to a new pass catcher.
Personally, I don't think Burrow's best fit is a speed guy. I think it's a guy he can trust to catch the ball, especially in the red zone. To me, that's Chase, Smith, or Pitts. Waddle would be nice with a QB who had a big arm and can hit him in stride deep (Mahomes, Allen), but I don't see that being Burrow.
Honestly, Pitts is the smarter option, as it gives them a dynamic pass-catching TE and would allow the Bengals to keep using Sample for what he does best - block.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - CJD - 01-04-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - CJD - 01-04-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - ochocincos - 01-04-2021, 01:09 PM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - CJD - 01-04-2021, 02:10 PM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - jason - 01-04-2021, 02:23 PM