Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team
(01-04-2021, 12:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have two excellent WRs under contract for 3 more years.  That is arguably the strongest position group on the entire team.

With all the other holes in our roster it would be insane to use a first round pick on WR.

Wrong (again).  We have two really good #2-type WRs.  To make the offense (that does more 11 personnel than any team in the league) work, you need a speed option that can both take the top off the defense to open the middle of the field as well as a guy that can generate immediate separation afforded by either the cushion of a DB or the quick-twitch release and agility.  

Chase would make this offense lethal.  When the Bengals faced a team with enough depth in the back half to blanket Boyd and Higgins, they had no answer.  What teams have that?  The steelers and Ravens....teams the Bengals will face twice a year.

They banked on AJ Green being what he was before the injuries.  They were dead wrong.  They need an AJ in his prime type to make it all worthwhile.

Sadly, from a financial standpoint, they may have painted themselves in to a corner with Mixon's contract.  I forget if there is an out clause, but they clearly aren't dedicated to the run enough to spend that much on a RB, and taking him off the field repeatedly on third down is remarkably stupid as well.

Chase would be an ideal pick for this team.  The only other situation I see changing that is if they lose WJIII and have to go CB in Rd 1, but I really hope that doesn't happen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - CJD - 01-04-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - CJD - 01-04-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - CJD - 01-04-2021, 02:10 PM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - jason - 01-04-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - SHRacerX - 01-04-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - Sled21 - 01-05-2021, 12:19 AM
RE: Tee makes PFF All-Rookie Team - Destro - 01-04-2021, 09:12 PM