Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Damage Isn't Done Just Yet
(01-04-2021, 02:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So, Mike Brown has decided to keep Zac Taylor.  A lot of people are, understandably, not very happy.  I'm certainly not either. (Shocker, I know.)

I don't think I'm out of line when I say that the overwhelming majority of fans wanted Zac Taylor gone.  I think this number is well over 90%.  That's just the God's honest truth.  So the Bengals chose not to cave to popular demand and they've ignored customer dissatisfaction.

Well, lets see what else they have in store for their fanbase.  Remember, just because Zac Taylor is staying doesn't mean they're still aren't significant moves they could make.  There are things they could do that would not only show fans they recognize their mistakes, but that they themseleves know they need to get much, much better.

What am I talking about?

-Duke Tobin (This is the big one)
-Scouting Department
-OC/DC

See, I think a lot of people feel like the Bengals just took the biggest dump on their fans by retaining Taylor.  And while that move is certainly unpopular they may not be done.

Imagine going 6-25 over two years and keeping every thing the same outside of a few position coaches.  It's one thing to not make a change at HC, but it's another entirely to not make any significant changes at all.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.  But if they elect to keep both Taylor and Tobin then I'm not sure they could say any more clearly that they could give two shits about what any of us think, nor do they ever intend on actually trying to win.  

Even a Aranumo firing does little to move the needle for me.  If they brought both a new OC and DC then that would help a little.  If they coupled an Aramumo firing with a beefed up scouting department then that would too.  Both of these would lessen the sting of a Taylor/Tobin retainment.

But they better do something big if they intend on earning any confidence whatsoever.  I don't think they will, but I just wanted to point out that they may not be done in their ineptitude.

But is that a new OC that also calls plays or just someone to hold the clipboard?

IE are you taking play calling duties away from ZT if your ownership?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Damage Isn't Done Just Yet - XenoMorph - 01-04-2021, 03:38 PM