Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Moving the Chains talking about HC's...
(01-04-2021, 11:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I close to verbatim as I can remember them saying.... "If you aren't good at offensive or defensive playcalling, it doesn't matter, because you can learn those things. What is important is being able to lead a locker room and get them to believe in you. You can be an offensive or defensive genius, but if you cannot lead men then stay a coordinator, because you will fail as a head coach."

Kinda what I said the other day about coaches can get better. It's being able to get a team to buy in that's important.

So blast away, Jim and Pat agree with me. Hilarious  Hilarious

I 100% agree with that.  Being a HC isn't about being an offensive of defensive genius.  I've said that numerous times and believe it completely.  Being a HC is about being a leader.  It's about demanding the best from your coaches, and putting together the best staff.  It's about managing the team on the field during the game and managing all of the other moving pieces in the training facility.  This is why I'm not crazy about Bienemy as HC because of his supposed offensive prowess.  

But I don't think Zac's a good leader.  He's got the same coaching staff that haven't crap in two years.  He insists on calling plays himself and muddying his own role by trying to be the offensive genius.  He doesn't hold anyone to a high standard, as shown by the record and the fact that he won't relinquish his playcalling duties or search for a better D coordinator.  

So I agree with the statement.  And I think if anything, it's an indictment on Taylor.  He couldn't hack it as a coordinator, and so far he's showing he doesn't know how to truly lead an NFL team, either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving the Chains talking about HC's... - MileHighGrowler - 01-04-2021, 11:14 PM