Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Moving the Chains talking about HC's...
(01-04-2021, 11:14 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I 100% agree with that.  Being a HC isn't about being an offensive of defensive genius.  I've said that numerous times and believe it completely.  Being a HC is about being a leader.  It's about demanding the best from your coaches, and putting together the best staff.  It's about managing the team on the field during the game and managing all of the other moving pieces in the training facility.  This is why I'm not crazy about Bienemy as HC because of his supposed offensive prowess.  

But I don't think Zac's a good leader.  He's got the same coaching staff that haven't crap in two years.  He insists on calling plays himself and muddying his own role by trying to be the offensive genius.  He doesn't hold anyone to a high standard, as shown by the record and the fact that he won't relinquish his playcalling duties or search for a better D coordinator.  

So I agree with the statement.  And I think if anything, it's an indictment on Taylor.  He couldn't hack it as a coordinator, and so far he's showing he doesn't know how to truly lead an NFL team, either. 

I disagree with that. I don't think his issue is not being a good leader, the players on the field have shown that they follow him. Unlike in down Marvin years where they were mailing it in week 10, this team went out with a 3rd string QB and bullied the division bully. That is leadership.

Where he is at fault, is his loyalty to his guys. He needs to be able to look at a Turner or a Lou or a Bobby Hart, or a Michael Jordan and say, you aren't getting it done and you are gone. 

His other major fault, isn't even his own. He took a job for a franchise that is only going to win if they can win their way of doing things. I'll never buy into the narrative that Mike Brown doesn't want to win. He is a man, and his father was a football icon. Every guy on here who had a decent relationship with his own dad is going to relate to this, you want to make the old man proud. There is no way Mike is happy with the results on the field, but the issue is he honestly thinks his way is the right way of doing it. He will stand his ground and be the only owner that votes against something and not care. The national media can blast him and he will not care. In his mind, he will win, he will win his way and that will show everyone. Problem is, in this modern era of statistics and scouts and saber-metrics, the league is playing chess, and he has a lite-brite. 

For Zac, this means he left the comfort of LA with a large scouting department and a large analytics department and came to the land of Tobin and the Brown family as your scouts along with the tape you have to watch yourself. That's a huge handicap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving the Chains talking about HC's... - Murdock2420 - 01-05-2021, 01:21 AM