Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record Chasers....... CountDown
(11-02-2015, 11:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The confusing part to those on the old boards was DJS spouted routinely the QB should get the most blame if we lose, but he has a different standard if we win.

I will say though he also stated over and over it is a team game.

I spouted routinely that the QB should get a lot of the blame if we lose and he plays poorly (that's an important part that you can't just leave out). The QB should also get a lot of the credit if we win and he performs at a high level. It's a team game, I'm glad you acknowledged that I've always said that because I have. I don't like giving any individual a W/L record, but I have no issue pointing out when Andy played a huge role in a win or a loss.

I don't care if people get salty about being called a casual fan or not, but with my estimation that I'm just making up with no actual data whatsoever, 93.5% of people that give QB's W/L record are filthy casuals that play Madden too much and watch ESPN highlights for their analysis.

Seriously though, there are a TON of casual fans out there. It's nothing to be insulted over. The media throws W/L on a QB just because they want ratings, and the casuals eat it up. Why get mad over that? Meh, I couldn't care less which websites use that stat and I don't care if NFL owners pay QBs more money than other positions. Those things don't refute what I'm saying at all. I've acknowledged that QB is the "most important" position on almost every NFL team in the modern era, I do get that (hence them being paid more), I just will never get behind putting a W/L record on them and I think it's silly for other sports too. FWIW, pitchers and goalies likely deserve the W/L moreso than QBs, but I still don't think they should have it either. These are team sports.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record Chasers....... CountDown - djs7685 - 11-02-2015, 11:47 AM