Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries Vs. Wins (Our Injuries are Overstated)
The injury excuse would be a lot more valid if we were winning prior to the majority of those players going down.

We were 2-6-1 with Joe Burrow and Jonah Williams both playing.

We were 1-4-1 with Joe Burrow, Jonah Willaims, and Joe Mixon all playing.

We were 1-3-1 with Joe Burrow, Jonah Williams, Joe Mixon, and DJ Reader all playing.

I know I'm not the first to bring this up, and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. But this is something people continually choose to ignore.

You can't say, "well were bad because we were without Joe Burrow" when we were bad with Joe Burrow. And that goes for everyone else I just listed above.

It's not like we were seeing a significant difference in success (W/L's) with guys that was immediately altered when they went down.

Do injuries matter? Sure. Would we have been better had they not incurred? Probably. But it's not like this is some 10 win team if Burrow and Mixon, and whoever manage to stay healthy.

And let's be honest, if it takes your entire starting lineup to remain fully healthy and intact for you to succeed, then that's just further proof you team isn't very good. That amount of luck doesn't exist in this league. Every team can play the "what if?" game.

This team wasn't a good football team. Period. Those who immediately run to the injury excuse (like they did last year, and the year before that, and the year before that) are only looking for reasons to rationalize something they don't want to admit. That we stink.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDN: Blame Game Cincinnati Bengals - Wes Mantooth - 01-06-2021, 05:41 PM