Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries Vs. Wins (Our Injuries are Overstated)
(01-06-2021, 05:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The idea is that all teams can use the injury excuse because it is a violent game where a lot of NFL players get hurt; therefore, the injury excuse should not be over used when discussing organizational shortcomings.

Blaming injuries might suggest that the team would have been great without the injuries. I'm a Joe Burrow fanboy and think we have something special, but even if he didn't get hurt the team was still going to have a losing record. Would the injury card have still been played if Burrow was healthy and maybe the same for DJ Reader? 

This article offered an interesting perspective as to why the injury excuse shouldn't be uttered a certain way. Kind of like how it was phrased the way Brown did in his bullish letter of support for Zac: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/playing-the-injury-card-always-a-poor-excuse/1o9ecwcrbbo8i1n1ygcomiblmt

You might not agree with the opinion, but it is easy to understand and not something to readily dismiss.

I do actually agree, was just being silly was all.  It definitely affected our W/L category, but to what extent is pure speculation.  I'd really just like to not have to wonder for once.  Next year we need to be healthy.  If we suck (which we won't), then at least we can't wonder what if.

At this point, laughter is the best medicine for what's been a tragic couple years of losing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDN: Blame Game Cincinnati Bengals - wildcatnku24 - 01-06-2021, 05:58 PM