Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries Vs. Wins (Our Injuries are Overstated)
(01-06-2021, 09:34 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm not sure the camp that disapproves of Taylor puts 100% of the blame on him.  In fact, according to the thread about that very topic, I think most of us put the blame on players and coaches.  But there are facts that support the notion that coaches can cause improvement to a roster, and that good coaches can find a way to adjust as they go.  

So yes, the injuries were rough.  Yes, the roster has holes.  But the coaches didn't do a thing this year to overcome any of that.  The Bengals weren't getting blown out every game all season.  But they couldn't overcome.  So coaches are still to blame, in addition to the players.  

I don't understand why anyone would defend this coaching staff to the point that they take all blame off of them.  I don't understand why anyone looks at the body of work of two full seasons and thinks they can turn it around next year.  I get wanting the best (I sure as hell do), and hoping for the best (I sure as hell do), but that doesn't mean I have to put any faith in Zac and Co (I sure as hell don't).

Maybe I am just not explaining myself correctly.

I am not defending ZT as much as I am for giving him the time to do his job.

I have no problem giving him a 3rd year. I am not sure who every body on this board thinks we are going to get.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDN: Blame Game Cincinnati Bengals - SuperBowlBound! - 01-06-2021, 10:26 PM