Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries Vs. Wins (Our Injuries are Overstated)
(01-06-2021, 09:34 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm not sure the camp that disapproves of Taylor puts 100% of the blame on him.  In fact, according to the thread about that very topic, I think most of us put the blame on players and coaches.  But there are facts that support the notion that coaches can cause improvement to a roster, and that good coaches can find a way to adjust as they go.  

So yes, the injuries were rough.  Yes, the roster has holes.  But the coaches didn't do a thing this year to overcome any of that.  The Bengals weren't getting blown out every game all season.  But they couldn't overcome.  So coaches are still to blame, in addition to the players.  

I don't understand why anyone would defend this coaching staff to the point that they take all blame off of them.  I don't understand why anyone looks at the body of work of two full seasons and thinks they can turn it around next year.  I get wanting the best (I sure as hell do), and hoping for the best (I sure as hell do), but that doesn't mean I have to put any faith in Zac and Co (I sure as hell don't).

But the coaches were constantly plucking people off waivers, practice squad, getting people on the team, etc.   Honestly I saw more moves this year as far as shuffling players around and trying different things than any season I can recall off the top of my head.

If I’ve indicated as such, then it was not my intent, as I do not think that Zac is without any blame.  That’d be ridiculous, and while I obviously am a ZT supporter, I do know he has/is making mistakes along the way.  I mentally signed up for that when he got hired, as I expected some growing pains with a newbie coach.  I think it can be turned around next year for two specific reasons:

1) We have had so many close games where it could’ve gone either way.
2) Injuries definitely shouldn’t be as bad, meaning that we should have most of our expected starters.
     2b side note to ensure I don’t get flamed - I know it’s football, been a fan a long time.  A player out here and there happens.  I expect that and that’s not what I’m referring to as #2. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDN: Blame Game Cincinnati Bengals - wildcatnku24 - 01-06-2021, 10:43 PM