Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump begrudgingly commits to orderly transfer of power & Tucker knows who to blame
(01-07-2021, 07:57 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Tucker Carlson knows who to blame . . . he finishes up, "It's not your fault. It's their fault." Nowhere does he assign blame to Trump.

I don't know how, but I still get shocked that people believe Carlson, Hannity and Ingraham whenever I peak into their shows. It's not the "facts" that they say . . . it's the facts that they leave out because they'll lessen the impact of their partisan bullshit if they tell the entire story. Every topic dances around certain facts so they can amplify the facts that can push their agenda.

I watched Tucker's entire segment last night.

He assigns primary responsibility for the Capitol breech to the liberal media (as did Hannity in his segment). 

He argued that we need to ask WHY all those people came to Washington and stormed the capital. They were not like BLM/ANTIFA types but real "ordinary" Americans who felt betrayed by their leaders, institutions, and most of all the press. (This mirrors the question "the left" media were asking about the BLM and Floyd protestors--what social/political conditions/inequities could motivate so many to protest and for so long.) 

Because the liberal press lied so much and so often, those Trump supporters could not trust anything they said. They had no secure source of authority to tell them what was really happening during the elections, and naturally felt the election had been stolen.  

If the MSM had been a trustworthy source of truth, this would not have happened. 

Most irritating to me was how Tucker spoke as if the Trump crowds, and Fox audience in general, have been motivated by desire for "the truth" and abandoned the MSM because it was untrustworthy. Fox and Trump have been feeding them fantasy for years to steer them away from the truth about Trump--which the MSM has been duly reporting since the '90s at least. 

Hannity and Ingraham took similar tacks, with segments on "liberal hypocrisy" and claims the Dems all found rioting ok when it was BLM etc., thus breaking down civic norms. "This is what 'the left" does. Stop behaving like 'the left'." As if Biden had called ANTIFA and BLM supporters to Washington and promised "something big" would happen when they got there. None of these shows assigned Qanon conspiracy theories and Trump's election fraud disinformation a causative role in the events of yesterday.

On the good side, Fox's News segments did a much better job and their few real reporters did not shy from linking the mob's incitement directly to Trump. 

NB: Tucker also warned his viewers that the new regime would be using this incident to further limit their freedoms. E.g., censoring their Twitter and Facebook accounts, as "they" had already done to Trump's. The incitement continues.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump begrudgingly commits to orderly transfer of power & Tucker knows who to ... - Dill - 01-07-2021, 02:42 PM