Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-02-2015, 01:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This is for the people that feel that a boy that identifies as a girl is to be in the girls locker room.....

Are you ok with a 6 month psychological evaluation period to determine that it is legit ?
I am VERY uncomfortable with taking a teen's word for it.
I am all for a person's rights to be comfortable (transsexual in this case), but I think a proper evaluation would go a long way in assuring the comfort of others that could be impacted.

What is interesting is that this strikes at the core of the issue, to me. People seem to think we are just talking about someone that decides one day to identify as a gender different than their sex and demands accommodations immediately. In every one of these legitimate cases that we are talking about there are likely years worth of behavioral observations that would lead one to see legitimacy with the claim. As an outside observer, we do not have that to view. Some of these folks may be diagnosed as having gender dysphoria, but my problem with that is the subjectivity with which these things are diagnosed and the availability of professionals to make such a diagnosis. Not to mention the privacy issues involved with medical information.

But anyway, my biggest point is that when we are talking about schools, we are talking about teachers and administrators that would have observed, or would have access to people that have observed, behaviors that would point to the legitimacy of the claim. It absolutely is not something that should be taken lightly, but when you're around these kids on a regular basis you would be able to know better than we can reading an article about it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - Belsnickel - 11-02-2015, 01:17 PM