Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in magic...and curses?
It's entertaining to talk about curses and blame it on Bo, but the reality is pretty simply that the org has been poorly run since MB took over, and he's never taken big steps in mitigating the shortcomings of the FO comprised of family.

In the Reds' case, it's an issue of being a small market team, and running that in a way to compete is a challenge. It can be done, but it's not easy. Seems they get good pitching but have no offense or get the bats but never the pitching. Constant seesaw, and hard to maintain a balanced roster with a limited payroll.

I don't Cincy sports are cursed, I think there are very logical explanations for the issues of each team. But there has definitely been a long stretch of pain. I only get back to the city every couple of years to visit family at this point and it's great to see how downtown has undergone a revitalization. If the Reds and Bengals can field championship caliber teams, the city would be rocking with energy. It's a very passionate fanbase but it's hard to remain engaged for people who have other priorities in life. I'd love to see things flip, I think the city and fans deserve it.

All that said, if Bo came to town and buried a hatchet under the tile at Fountain Square, that would be both hilarious and awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you believe in magic...and curses? - MileHighGrowler - 01-08-2021, 02:55 PM