Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related)
This story was just covered on 700WLW. I hadn't heard this one before, and I feel like it's a doosie so I thought I'd share it. Fwiw, I'm going to be parapharsing it the best I can.

When the Bengals played in the Superbowl in 1989 the Bengals initially refused to send their cheerleaders to the game. I guess since it wasn't a home game the Brown family didn't want to incur the extra cost of the travel for the cheerleaders to another site.

Anways, I guess there was so much of a stink raised about them not having cheerleaders for the biggest game of the year they finally relented. They ended sending their cheerleading squad from Cincinnati to the Pontiac SuperDome on a bus.

I just thought this was too good of a story to pass up sharing. I can't believe I hadn't heard before, and Im assuming others haven't as well.

For those that always think Mike Brown is some shell of his father, just remember that a lot of these old school, cheap things he does are things he got from the old man.

For anyone that remembers the old drug PSA they used run back in the day where the dad finds the kid's drug stash and asks him "where did you learn how to do this?" and the kid replies "I learned it by watching you, alright?!", this is what a story like this reminds of. No wonder Mike Brown is the way that he is.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related) - Wes Mantooth - 01-08-2021, 05:03 PM