Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related)
That's pretty entertaining and not entirely surprising. Paul Brown was a Depression era young man and in a blue collar region on top of it. His formative years were with that mindset. We all have/had relatives who had it as well. As innovative as he was in the game and that's what we all tend to focus on, some habits/views are hard to break. Mike himself was born in the 1930s, so his early years would have been formed with the same mentality.

And then add to that the way things ended for him in Cleveland and his immense desire to control everything by not just coaching but running the Bengals organization.

People say sometimes the apple fell far from the tree in regards to Mike to his father. But I don't think it did at all. I think Mike probably learned a lot of tendencies from his old man that he carries with him to this day. Product of the environment. The only real place he differs I think is the innovation to the game that his father had and that he's never shown directly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related) - MileHighGrowler - 01-08-2021, 06:09 PM