Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related)
(01-08-2021, 07:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not surprising some NFL teams did not even have  cheerleaders then and still dont...  just shows how cheerleaders were thought of even in the 80s...   i  don't see any relationship with this and Mike Brown..  What Detroit was 1980 even more reason  why... sexism across the NFL...  now if you could come up with lower level coaches had to take  bus etc.. then we could talk..this one..nope

I believe there are only two franchises in the entire NFL that have never had cheerleaders.  The Browns are one of them, so it's possible that PB just didn't really care about them.  It's equally possible that he didn't want to foot the bill of sending them to the game.  I highly doubt that if a team had cheerleaders they wouldn't send them because of sexism.  Either way, I still think it's an interesting historical anecdote for the team that has certainly been the focus more than once of cutting corners on costs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really Unbelievable and Funny Superbowl Story (Paul Brown Related) - MileHighGrowler - 01-08-2021, 07:41 PM