Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-08-2021, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Numbers in College are  crazy.. we all know that..does not mean that person is  better than past players .  my point is less his talent and more need... at #5  a speed WR, LB, 2nd Oline and DE is more important there are DEs and 2nd linemen mentioned in top 10.. i also see draft projections that have Pitts outside top 10 .  We can get a good TE in 2/3  and  Pitts  barely blocked at Florida so how good will he even be there so we going to pick a situation player at 5th pick

A couple things...

1) I understand what you are getting at but you should not draft for pure need at 5 overall. If you re-sign Lawson and upgrade the OL in FA as has been mentioned by Paul Dehner Jr just within the past week, you'd have your starters set. As such, you'd only be drafting a rotational player or a player to take over in a year or two. Pitts would (or should) be an immediate TE1 and see a lot of snaps in any offense.
2) A player with the talent of Pitts is someone you cater the offense toward. If Taylor is not willing to incorporate his offense to use a TE more as a pass catcher, that's his loss. The expectation would be you would (or should) use Pitts essentially as a third WR. You can keep Sample on the field too for blocking.
3) Pitts has blocked before, he just hasn't done it heavily.
4) Travis Kelce had 2nd most receiving yards in entire league...WRs included. Wouldn’t you want a guy like Kelce?

We are going to have to agree to disagree because you aren't changing my mind, and I guess I'm not changing yours.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
. - Yojimbo - 01-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Short list of acceptable picks at 5 - ochocincos - 01-08-2021, 07:45 PM